But enough of that, picture your intrepid players conquering the strange blue glob guarding a dungeon room to find a bell shaped glass housing something wondrous. What you ask? How about:
- A tiny community of thumb-sized villagers.
- A collection of rare herbs of every color (you needed a blue plant for that freeze spell, right?).
- A collection of ordinary looking herbs, which when the glass is lifted smell of maple syrup and cause mammals to feel amorous.
- A single plant of the most deadly Dart Poison Flower.
- A sample of rare underdark flora that die if the glass is lifted.
- A putrescent looking mess of fungus which, after exposure to light for a short time, emit lantern-bright light for hours.
- A living ecosystem containing beetles that taste like chocolate.
- A pair of lizards that produce a cry of a perfectly pitched note, useful for court bards.
- Peppers so hot they will cause damage to anything foolish enough to eat them.
- A single mundane plant which has a human shaped root that cries for milk or blood.
- Twelve delicate flowers that will let those that smell them forsee the future but forever become addicted to the scent of the flower and search for it ruthlessly.
- Plants enveloping a small replica of your local megadungeon's surface features.
- The last breath of a dead demigod.
- A foul tasting tuber needed by Dwarves to breed.
- A seedling of a rare giant plant species (see Sequoiah Gigantea).
- Grey-Black lichen growing on rocks that emits heat equivalent to a small fire.
- A talkative toadstool.
- A thought-to-be-extinct hops plant required for a legendary hobbit brew.
- Flowers that only bloom on the holy days of a particular saint.
- A tiny shrub which exudes mithril sap.
mmmmmm, chocolate beetles.ReplyDelete
Neat. Wait - it's a trap! :-)ReplyDelete
It's always a trap! But such a wonderful trap.ReplyDelete