- Parchment Sash - Spells cast near it are captured in writing and can be copied.
- Blood Pearl - If a dead mage's body is rendered-- through a laborious, time consuming process-- one of the spells still uncast upon their death will seed into a red, misshapen pearl. Consumption of it will grant knowledge of that spell and allow copying or casting.
- Flesh Forks - Tuning forks of different sizes, each with a bladed end. They resonate when spells are cast in their presence (fork size corresponding to spell level). If the blade is stabbed into a wizard's neck, the vibrations will transfer understanding and allow casting that spell once.
- Jade Worm - Placed deep in the ear, it whispers a list of the spells present in the minds of any magic users nearby.
- Milky Orbs - Varying in diameter and fragility, they shatter when a particular spell is cast within a particular radius.
- Slow Lime - Painted on a surface, this greyish paste stays damp for months. Any spells cast near the lime will leave tracks and patinas in colors that can be read like a story by a wizard of sufficient level.
Sunday, November 9, 2014
Found on and around powerful users of magic, especially those long dead: