Thursday, December 22, 2011

Silhouettes XXXIV

I'm pretty proud of this one. I had a skeleton but, though its crawling pose was creepy, it wasn't a classic Harryhausen D&D skelly.  The source pic:
came from a Swords & Dorkery post I can't find any more.  As you can see, I gave him the sword, shield and did a little chiropractic on his spine.

I just methodically went through the zip file of silhouettes cropping, scaling, cleaning, and even renaming some.  I hope the tighter files will work better in Jensan's Telemonster generator and reduce the size of the archive as a whole.

These others aren't essential as monsters, but were easy to convert. The baboon can be another stand in for the "ape" monster:

4 comments:

  1. Harryhausen is the absolute authority on reanimated skeletons. The skeleton fights in both '7th Voyage of Sindbad' and 'Jason and the Argonauts' are still great.

    You have a very nice blog here and inspiring ideas regarding many things. I especially like your silhouettes.

    Take a look at my blog if you like. I have made my first try on a silhouette, a ratman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a bunch. Yes, the Sinbad films are probably more of an influence on my D&D than any swords & sorcery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. re the skeleton camel...You must of followed the link here

    http://mikemonaco.wordpress.com/2011/09/02/like-stuff-heres-some-stuff/

    (Nehwon ghouls...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, yes. Thanks. My harpy silhouette cam from a pic you posted too.

    ReplyDelete