Monday, December 19, 2011

Serendipity XIII

I've got some time off work now and so I went back through my hard drive seeing if there were any pictures I never shared that might be worth sharing. These are what I found:
These are some possible tomb entrances:
I really like this last one, a ship as a hut, or covering a tomb entrance, but the text from the page behind the pic is showing up as banding. Graphics wizards, is there a way to get rid of that?   I've tried messing with the contrast and the levels, but they're still there:

5 comments:

  1. I don't see any "banding" on the last image even when blown up. Could you elaborate?

    TB

    ReplyDelete
  2. It easier to see when minimized, slightly darker bands where text was on the reverse of the page they scanned. But if you can't see it, that's good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one, of the castle on the hill, a lot. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The castle is by A. Rackham, no surprise its good...

    ReplyDelete