Thursday, December 15, 2011

Silhouettes XXX

I wanted to have a dragon for the 30th installment of this silhouette series, but didn't find anything that looked like the D&D conception of a dragon.  Oh well, there lots of other stuff.  Here we have another OD&D monster:
Lion
And possibly our very first humanoid!  What does this look like to you?:
That came from a children's book monkey, haha.  Here's a war elephant:
What follow were silhouettes already and so preparing them was much faster:
Here is my attempt at an icon to represent age or npc background:
And now for more mashups:
Remember these are all public domain and yours to make cool stuff with. These have all been added to the zip file in the sidebar to the right (the last batch too, Theodric). Hope things are winding down for you all this year, cheers!

12 comments:

  1. Me too. Didn't you have a tutorial on how to make these a while back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet. Here are some tips on how I find my art:

    http://recedingrules.blogspot.com/2010/05/public-domain-images.html
    http://recedingrules.blogspot.com/2011/05/public-domain-images-ii.html

    And how to make quick and dirty silhouettes:
    http://recedingrules.blogspot.com/2010/09/quick-and-dirty-silhouettes.html

    The slow and dirty way is to just zoom the image way in and color within the lines. But, hell, if you just want to get started goofing around, use the silhouettes in the zip and cut and paste parts of them together to create your own Frankenmashups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harder than one would think. I tried it out myself over on my blog... give you props for doing so many of them!! I really like them / am impressed now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some great ones here! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love the whale city. Genius. And tree-head: very Green Knight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bane, ZB: Thanks.

    @Roger, Richard: Coming to a port near you! I imagine a city of deep ones, or amphibian-kind that treat surfacing like we treat a seasonal storm or holiday: Happy Bright Dry, everyone, now let's sacrifice all these babies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to comment on this post. I think my favourites are the snorse (the horse with snakes for a head) and the whitty (the whale with a city). The elephant man riding a camel looks like a thing I doodled the other day, strangely enough...

    I've updated Telemonster with these as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb silhouettes. Very good blogging.

    ReplyDelete