Thursday, January 7, 2016

New York Public Library public domain works

The New York Public Library recently started sharing public domain works in its collection online here.  I read about it here.  Looks like a possible new source for interesting game art.  I worked this up in about an hour:
But the unfortunate thing is they charge you $50 to get the high definition files.  Not a problem for me working with silhouettes, but I thought the colors on the original for this were nice and all you can get is a version with pretty bad jpeg artfacting:
Anyway, thought I would share.  Hope your new year is starting nicely.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! That could keep me from stealing images for my blog! Doubt it, but it could happen. Thanks for sharing! This is a very cool resource that I hadn't previously considered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure. Hope you find something cool and useful.

    ReplyDelete