Thursday, July 24, 2014

Update with 2 Colts

My old blogging computer has finally died.  It had a good run, was a free hand-me-down I got from a friend when I came home from Poland years ago.  A Pentium 4, I've run Ubuntu on it ever since.  But, alas, all my gaming files are on it.  I am working towards getting the data accessible and reorganized, but that computer was a Linux box and the one I'm currently typing on is Windows which makes it more complicated.  What that means is a few posts I was working on are going to take some time to get up.

Boring, I know, have some pictures of double-action Colts:


6 comments:

  1. If the IRS has taught me anything, it's that once the hard drive gets scratched, there are no backup tapes and you just have to recycle everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as the disk on your old machine isn't toast, you could put it into your new one (or get a USB dock and connect it that way) and boot Ubuntu from a USB stick to copy your files over to your windows drive. If you need a little guidance you can hit me up on G+ or through the Gmails (frotz.self) and I'd be happy to help you out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I recommend the USB-way with live system... works like a charm.

      Delete
  3. Thanks a lot for the suggestion. Sorry for the delayed reply. It's been triple digits here and I feel like I'm being slowly broiled, can't think or get much done.

    My game pc actually has Linux on it, but I installed Windows 7 in a partition. I just never got around to making it a dual boot. I lost my print out on how to get grub to dual boot from inside windows, so I've just stalled out a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey i've been following this blog for a while now and when a 12-million image archive of public domain images came across my desk i thought it might be right up your alley (though i expect you're already aware of it.) cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, when my work slows down I'll take a look.

    ReplyDelete