Monday, May 2, 2011

Silhouettes IX

Okay friends, I put a zip file of all the silhouettes I've made so far in the sidebar to the right.  Crappy or rough, these are something you might be able to build on.  As I make more I'll showcase them on the blog but add them to that archive too. I also plan to add them all as svgs, but in time.

So I blogged about using symbols on a map to let players know stuff about your world about a year ago.  But recently, I decided making my own silhuouettes is the only way it's going to happen.  So, I took a look at the terrestrial wilderness encounters from OD&D to see how many monsters that baseline would require.  Looks like ~70 depending on whether you want to use dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts.  Anyway, here are three classic beasties:
Hydra
Centaur
Sabertooth
And your choice of scorpion:
I posted one for the cockatrice previously (it's in the zip file), so that means only about ~65 to go!  And here are some herd animals in case you want to allow for hunting or hobbit-trampling:

6 comments:

  1. Of course, watching this with keen interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your silhouettes are truly excellent -- thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are an excellent resource. Downloaded the file, and sure I can find a use for them. Thanks for all the work you've put into them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! Thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love silhouettes! Thanks for sharing, Telecanter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My pleasure, everyone. It was weird to see how doing a few at a time I'd made almost 40 of these puppies. Sixty-five more monsters here we come!

    ReplyDelete