- I think I'll have a "machine" on the second level that will combine two creatures put into it. The fly worshipers are using it to make fly-human hybrids. Don't know what the original temple used it for.
- I think I want to use shoes that magically lead you on a path. I had something I called Clement's Docent, but have since found out one kind of very tall platform shoe was the chopine. I'll have one of the fly cultists have them in a bag and they will safely lead the wearer through a trap-filled corridor on the second level . . . which means I need to put one there.
- I want to put a lot of colorful, odd potions around.
- My player count is somewhere close to 9 now, don't know what I'm getting myself into. But I need to keep them challenged/interested. I'm thinking some big, ugly things, or swarms of smaller weaker things might keep everyone busy. I can't think of anything really big and horrible, maybe the cultists combined an elephant with a fly? Yeah that might be nasty. For small creatures coming in swarms, maybe just giant flies (cat-sized), or maybe the cultists combined crabs or squirrels with maggots. Uggh. Maybe the amphibians got to the "machine" and made some frog-spider hybrids or something. This combining thing could give me a lot of mileage.
- If I could get to a color printer I'd like to have some big gems in the treasure, and pass out cards when they're found.
- I also went back through things that might make the players feel vulnerable. I'm going to throw in as many as I can.
Thursday, October 7, 2010
The Sodden Temple
Some quick ideas while I've got a break: