- Ackley's Map - This knot records a 3-dimensional map of an area. Folks with exceptional dexterity can make one surreptitiously, one-handed, as they traverse the place they're mapping.
- Decoy Snare - Resembles a small varmint and either helps in securing game or secures bigger game.
- Wet Cinch - Moisture will cause this to tighten
- Wet Release - Moisture will cause this to release completely
- Hour Hitch - The weight of the rope will cause this to release in one hour, also a half hour variant.
- Hour Cinch - Will tighten and pull up slack in an hour. Constriction strong enough to suffocate or crush creatures smaller than man-size.
- Songbird - Releases on a particular whistle note.
- Knassi Stopper - The Knassi learned knots that certain animals hate to cross. By stringing them in lengths of rope they could effectively make fences to channel or keep out bear, wolves, deer, etc. Different knots for each creature. Requires twice the amount of rope you would need for the distance you want fenced.
- Brinley's Script - This knot is meant to inconspicuously leave messages. Depending on how it'is tied it can mean several standard small messages: danger ahead, go north, watch for orcs, etc.
- Corliss Loop - This will let a weight slowly and evenly down a vertical rope. Allows a person to descend without climbing or being lowered, and thus remain alert and ready. Good for invalids.